The Oklahoma Children and Young Adult Universe has grown over the years. Here is a collection of all blogs and websites, and professional development resources.
Read Harder Challenge 2016 A suggested list themes for librarians who serve children and young adults. Each month has a theme and librarians can read any type of book on that theme. Books can be graphic novels, picture books, middle grade, teen, and adult books with teen appeal. There are links to accompany each month's theme to help get you started.
OK CYA Read Harder Challenge
The Oklahoma Performers Showcase http://showcase.oklibraries.org/ An annual preview of quality programming appropriate for children, teens and/or families. We strive to recruit the talents of a well-balanced variety of performers. Our immediate goal is to foster and promote resource sharing of performers and programming information throughout Oklahoma.
CYA:Children and Young Adult Podcast http://yalitlovers.oklibshare.org/ A literary review site for librarians by librarians who serve youth by librarians. Books are chosen by the reviewers and will be discussed on the podcast. You can download the audio from the podcast website, or on iTunes. Podcasts are posted every Wednesday.This podcast is no longer active.
- ODL Youth Services Consultant Facebook https://www.facebook.com/YSCOK The Facebook page for the Oklahoma Department of Libraries Youth Services Consultant.
- Haynie Public Library's iPad desk
- Request for CEU Approval Form
- Visual Journaling by Nancy Van Winkle of Nomadic Roots in Anadarko, OK. You can reach her here, firstname.lastname@example.org (posted with permission)
- Library Card Application from the El Reno Carnegie Library
- Library Card Application from the Sac and Fox National Public Library, and Library card images