Resources for 2021 Animals Summer Reading Resources
Contracts, Evaluation, Permission Forms & Sponsors
Hunger Free Oklahoma
Hunger Free Oklahoma, The Oklahoma Department of Education, and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries have partnered to provide the children of Oklahoma free access to healthy meals. You can read State Superintendent of Public Instruction Joy Hofmeister's letter to Oklahoma Public Libraries and view her video here. All Oklahoma public libraries are welcome to participate. Qualifying information is included in the letter. You can contact Hunger Free Oklahoma for more information.
Summer Reading Additional Resources
- Collaborative Summer Library Program PSA's: English PSA, Spanish PSA. Add your own library logo or text can be found on the "Additional Program Tools" tab, under the Manual Downloads drop down. You do need to be logged in to access:  CSLP Downloads. How to add logo or text tutorial: CSLP PSA Tutorial.
- Colorado State Library: Colorado Summer Reading
- Library mascot or local team animal mascot
- Labyrinth or maze (if doing outside programs)
- Fantasy animals: dragons, mermaids, unicorns
- Extinct animals: dinosaurs, etc
- Focus on "Tales" - Fairy tales, myths, legends, ghost stories
- Make animal kites
- Endangered species and local wildlife
- Alien species in science fiction: tribbles! Search "science fiction alien animals species"
- Network of the National Library of Medicine Summer Reading
- Oklahoma Children & Young Adult Facebook Group This group is primarily for those librarians who directly provide services to children and teens in Oklahoma. It's a place for them to discuss freely about programs, presenters, services they provide, to ask each questions, and share information.
- OK Virtual Programs Facebook GroupOklahoma Libraries can use this space to share information on your library’s services and virtual programs as well as to share ideas with your fellow librarians. ODL will maintain a webpage to highlight the virtual programs you are offering.
- Collaborative Summer Library Program Planning Facebook Group Share and discover ideas from librarians for the Summer Reading Program.