Resources for 2020 Fantasy Summer Reading Resources
Contracts, Evaluation, Permission Forms & Sponsors
Hunger Free Oklahoma
Hunger Free Oklahoma, The Oklahoma Department of Education, and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries have partnered to provide the children of Oklahoma free access to healthy meals. You can read State Superintendent of Public Instruction Joy Hofmeister's letter to Oklahoma Public Libraries and view her video here. All Oklahoma public libraries are welcome to participate. Qualifying information is included in the letter. You can contact Hunger Free Oklahoma for more information.
Workshop Handouts & Links
Imagine Your Story! 2020 Summer Reading Program Workshop handout by Sherry Norfolk, Storyteller
. Kick-off Events
- Find a Storyteller.
- Puppet Station: Fairytale party
- Royal Dress Up Race.
- Party for a Cause:Clean-up scavenger hunt and https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/community-environment-day-ward-15-program-starts-mayor-john-tory-1.5087816 Community Environment Day], for tweens and teens.
- Digital Storytelling, for tweens and teens.
- Spoken Word Poetry.
- A Hero's Journey, I Can't Pay the Rent.
- A Hero's Journey, Twinery: Game-writing and Wikihow: Game-writing, for teens.
- Defying Gravity with balloons.
- Paper plate dragons.
- Fairy wands.
- Costume corner.
- Fairy tale finger puppets.
- Oklahoma Children & Young Adult Facebook Group This group is primarily for those librarians who directly provide services to children and teens in Oklahoma. It's a place for them to discuss freely about programs, presenters, services they provide, to ask each questions, and share information.
- OK Virtual Programs Facebook GroupOklahoma Libraries can use this space to share information on your library’s services and virtual programs as well as to share ideas with your fellow librarians. ODL will maintain a webpage to highlight the virtual programs you are offering.
- ODL Virtual Programs Webpage In response to the coronavirus, social distancing, and shelter at home orders, some libraries across the state are offering virtual programming.
- OK Librarians Summer Reading 2020 Google Document of program and activity ideas.
- Oklahoma CYA "How Now Summer Reading" parts 1 & 2 Zoom Meetings
April 9, 2020
April 30, 2020
- Collaborative Summer Library Program Alternative Program Manual. Six weeks of activities geared toward parents and caregivers.
- Publishers waiving copyright:
Google spreadsheet of publishers.
School Library Journal list.
- Creating a Google Classroom
- Virtual Teen Interactive Program Policies from Salt Lake City Public Library System (PDF)